One of today’s most pressing enterprise risks confronting business organizations today is the strategic cyber threat. This strategic threat impacts all of its citizens, the U.S. economy, the U.S. private sector and local, state and federal government entities. The goal of this program is to provide executives and leaders with a strategic understanding of the cyber threat landscape; to distinguish and understand components which constitute the current cyber threat landscape; to identify the cyber security threats and cyber trends and identify their impact on their business organizations. Executives will learn how to practically assess the current cyber security challenges related to personnel, operations, and technology including personnel development, recruiting, training costs and the development of cyber partnerships with the FBI, other government entities, and the private sector, and to develop new strategies to mitigate the cyber threat to their organizations.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
(1) Assess the integration of cybersecurity as an enterprise risk within an organization’s strategic planning and evaluate the business organization’s cybersecurity culture.
(2) Assess the cyber threat landscape, its components, their impact to business organizations, and evaluate potential considerations in securing these areas from cyber threat actors.
(3) Assess the strategic impact of cyber threat actors to U.S. critical infrastructure, Industrial Control Systems (ICS), Internet of Things (IoT), and evaluate potential considerations in securing these areas from cyber threat actors.
(4) Assess the cybersecurity defense, incident response, and recovery capabilities of a business organization to address the cyber threat.
(5) Synthesize the key takeaways from each module of instruction to assist the student in creating a strategy to mitigate the enterprise impact of the cyber threat to the business organization.