This course introduces you to Virtualization. Through targeted reading material and hands-on labs, you will first explore what virtualization is as well as the importance of a hypervisor. Next, you will examine how to install, configure, and maintain your own virtual machines. The course will then wrap up with a discussion on availability, applications, and virtual appliances including their role in virtualization. Virtualization Fundamentals prepares you with the knowledge and skills to leverage the use of virtual machines in upcoming coursework, future industry employment, as well as the ability to create their own home built virtual lab environment for use throughout this program and your career.
Students will learn:
- Microsoft Hyper-V installation and management
- Deploying virtual machines through Hyper-V
- VMWare Workstation installation and management
- Deploying virtual machines through VMWare
- Deploying Windows and Linux virtual machines