This course provides a high-level introduction to Amazon Web Services (AWS) a leading platform in the Cloud Computing infrastructure sector. You will be introduced to and interact with the major components of the AWS platform. This course prepares for exams such as the AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner certification exam.
- Define what the AWS Cloud is and the basic global infrastructure
- Describe the key services on the AWS Platform and their common use cases (e.g., compute, analytics, etc.)
- Describe basic AWS Cloud architectural principles
- Describe basic security and compliance aspects of the AWS platform and the shared security model
- Define the billing, account management, and pricing models
- Identify sources of documentation or technical assistance (e.g., white papers, support tickets, etc.)
- Describe the AWS Cloud value proposition; and,
- Describe basic/core characteristics of deploying and operating in the AWS Cloud.