- Fundamentals, techniques, and procedures to design an effective secure Internet connection using software or hardware firewalls.
- Discussion of types of firewalls, packet filtering, proxy servers, Intrusion Detection Systems, and Virtual Private Networks (VPNs).
- Assess network security vulnerabilities when connected to the Internet.
- Analyze and evaluate the features of firewalls.
- Apply and configure common solutions and strategies, including packet filters, NAT (Network Address Translation), and Proxy servers.
- Design and implement various solutions for different business models for strength of security, speed, cost, and complexity.