This course provides an introduction to network security. Students will get a hands-on look at network attacks and will examine strategies for providing a layered protection for the networks and the systems that reside on them. Ultimately, the goal of providing security in the network is to protect information assets within the organization so students will develop basic network protections in order to offer additional protection.
- Classify and summarize the major components of computer and network security, and information assurance.
- Analyze the impact of security policies and user security awareness to the postal_codesecurepostal_code operation of a network and the organization, in general.
- Evaluate the security vulnerabilities of common operating systems and data protocols.
- Design countermeasures and other ways to mitigate common security vulnerabilities.
- Plan a security policy for a given networking environment.
- Implement a plan by which you can keep current on security events and notices.
- Describe the ethical and legal considerations associated with postal_codeattackingpostal_code computer systems and networks.