This course will provide the student with an overview of advanced networking and current networking technologies. This overview includes, but not limited to, the design, implementation, and administration of small to medium size networks. It also includes the implementation of hardware to secure a network i.e. firewalls and IDS/IPS systems. The student will be introduced to current tools used to protect and troubleshoot networks.
- A. design, implement, and administrate a small to medium size network;
- B. using proper tools, troubleshoot common network issues;
- C. secure a network using current hardware technology (Firewalls, IDS/IPSs);
- D. secure a network using current software technology (Anti-Malware, Vulnerability Assessments);
- E. identify current trends in malware to protect a network; and
- F. design, implement, and administrate a syslog or SIEM system.