The Workforce Framework for Cybersecurity (NICE Framework) Mapping Tool takes the guesswork out of using the NICE Framework - simply answer questions about each cybersecurity related position and the tool will show you how each position aligns to the NICE Framework and what can be done to strengthen your cybersecurity team. Click the button below to access the complete user guide for the NICE Framework Mapping Tool.
NICE Framework Mapping Tool
The tool will:
- Help you inventory your cyber workforce and begin workforce planning
- Enable you to print out a report to use for workforce development
- Prepare to report OPM cyber position coding (“OPM Data Element” requirements)
- Determine the skills and type of training your team needs
- See where your staff may be underutilized
This tool is based on the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education (NICE) Cybersecurity Workforce Framework (NIST Special Publication 800-181, August 2017) and revisions published in late 2020 renaming the framework as the Workforce Framework for Cybersecurity (NIST Special Publication 800-181 Rev. 1, November 2020). Please visit the NICE Framework Resource Center for more information, as well as the latest updates.
We value your feedback and welcome any comments you may have to help us improve the Mapping Tool. To submit any feedback or comments, please contact the NICCS Supervisory Office (SO) at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.