The 5-day CompTIA Network+ Support Skills course validates the knowledge and skills of networking professionals. It is an international, vendor-neutral certification that recognizes a technician's ability to describe the features and functions of networking components and to install, configure and troubleshoot basic networking hardware, protocols and services. This hands-on course is designed to prepare participants for the N10-005 Network+ exam and teaches the fundamental principles of installing and supporting networks. This courseware bears the seal of CompTIA Approved Quality Content. This seal signifies that the content covers 100% of the exam objectives and implements important instructional design principles. CompTIA recommends multiple learning tools to help increase coverage of the learning objectives. The contents of this training material were created for the CompTIA Network+ Certification N10-005 exam covering the 2012 Edition Network+ certification exam objectives.
- Describing the features of different network protocols and products for LANs, WANs, and wireless networks
- Understanding the functions and features of TCP/IP addressing and protocols
- Identifying threats to network resources and appropriate security countermeasures
- Installing and configuring network cabling and appliances
- Managing, monitoring, and troubleshooting networks