The focus of this 2 online HIPAA Security training program is to better understand the implications of HIPAA security rule and identify critical compliance requirements for your business/client. It helps you better understand how to create a framework for initiating and working towards a blueprint for HIPAA Security compliance and regular audit to avoid violation of regulations. The Course is basically for Healthcare provider & Payer security compliance employees, IT Managers, IT Staff, Security Auditors, Security Consultants, Security Lawyers involved in health care, Network Manager and engineers, Database administrators, Software Developers, Consultants who provide security advice to health care organizations, etc
- Understand new updates to HIPAA rule due to HITECH which is part of ARRA and Omnibus rule published in 2013
- Review specific requirements and implementation features within each security category.
- Step through how to plan and prepare for HIPAA compliance. HIPAA is about awareness first, assessment second and finally action focused on gaps identified.
- Understand all required and addressable HIPAA Security implementation specifications.
- Analyze international security standards, NIST, ISO’s 27002 and the BS 7799.
- Review core elements of a security policy document for a health care entity.
- Identify core elements of a compliance plan that every health care entity is required to develop for business continuity and disaster recovery.
- Crosswalk between NIST, SOX, ISO and HIPAA requirements.