This course will develop the knowledge and skills necessary to recover forensic information from removable devices, partitions, and Internet artifacts. The course will provide students with scenarios, logical acquisition, and analysis of forensic data. Students will have hands-on laboratory experience using advanced computer forensic tools, evidence preservation techniques and documentation. The course will offer a balance of lecture and lab experiments. The course will follow elements of the EnCase® Certified Examiner (EnCE) professional certification exam. Course is offered in the spring semester.
- Create and manage evidence cases
- Handling and acquisition of evidence
- Create and manage evidence files
- Understand computer file systems
- Conduct signature analyses of files
- Compute hash values and creating hash sets