Students will configure, analyze, test and troubleshoot a complex, real-world heterogeneous physical network topology based upon a course scenario within a group setting. The heterogeneous network infrastructure will include Cisco devices and server technology, to include routers, switches, firewalls, Windows servers, mail servers, Linux servers, database servers and others. Students will be required to provide written progress reports, final course deliverables and presentations.
By completing the advanced project in this course, students will:
- Acquire the theoretical knowledge, applicable skills, and the professional attitude necessary to function as an IT professional requiring intermediate and advanced skills.
- Gather and analyze information required to successfully translate business scenarios into technical solutions through design, implementation, and troubleshooting.
- Critically analyze advanced IT problems, and efficiently and correctly troubleshoot those problems.
- Adapt to and incorporate new concepts, ideas, and evolving technologies.
- Instill a sense of professional commitment and integrity with respect to the security and privacy of clientele and information, the rights of copyright holders, and the inherent responsibilities of license users.