This course explores concepts and practices of defending the modern net-centric computer and communications environment. The course covers the 10 domains of the Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSPÂ®) Common Body of Knowledge (CBKÂ®).
Course covers a wide range of technical issues and current topics including:
- Basics of network security
- Threats, Vulnerabilities, and Risks
- Network Vulnerability Assessment
- Firewalls and Intrusion Detection
- Transmission Security and TEMPEST
- Operating System Security
- Web Security
- Encryption and Key Management
- Physical and Personnel Security
- Incident Handling and Forensics
- Authentication, Access Control, and Biometrics
- Wireless security
- Virtual/3D Worlds
- Emerging network security technologies such as radio frequency identification (RFID) and supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) security.