The "how" of privacy and technology. Certified Information Privacy Technologist (CIPT) training covers privacy and data protection practices in the development, engineering, deployment and auditing of IT products and services. Those taking the course will develop an understanding of privacy-related issues and practices in the context of the design and implementation of information and communication technologies and systems. The Certified Information Privacy Technologist (CIPT) Training is based on the body of knowledge for the IAPP’s ANSI-accredited Certified Information Privacy Professional/ U.S. (CIPT/US) certification program. Launched by the IAPP in 2014, the CIPT is the first and only certification of its kind worldwide to meet the growing need that only tech pros can fill—securing data privacy at all stages of IT product and service lifecycles.
- Understand critical privacy concepts and practices that impact IT
- Become familiar with consumer privacy expectations and responsibility
- Bake privacy into early stages of IT products and services for cost control, accuracy and speed-to-market
- Establish privacy practices for data collection and transfer
- Pre-empt privacy issues in the Internet of Things
- Factor privacy into data classification and emerging tech such as cloud computing, facial recognition and surveillance
- Communicate privacy issues with partners such as management, development, marketing and legal.