Start your CMMC journey by becoming a CMMC-AB Certified Professional (CMMC-AB CP)! This five-day boot camp provides a comprehensive overview of the new Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification requirements and prepares you to earn your CMMC-AB CP, which is the first step to becoming a CMMC-AB Certified Assessor.
Developed by the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition and Sustainment (OUSD A&S) and other federal stakeholders, the Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) assesses and enhances the cybersecurity posture of the Defense Industrial Base. The CMMC encompasses multiple maturity levels that range from Basic cybersecurity hygiene to Advanced/progressive. The required CMMC level will be specified in requests for information (RFIs) and requests for proposals (RFPs) for DoD contracts.
- Understand the CMMC model, its history, need and development
- Articulate the CMMC model framework, its constructs and usage
- Demonstrate an understanding of applicable legal and regulatory guidance, roles and responsibilities as it pertains to the handling of controlled data (FCI/CUI) within the DoD
- Understand how to engage supplemental materials (such as NIST 800-171, ISO 27001) to further inform practice characterization
- Demonstrate how CMMC practices are influenced by the progression of CMMC maturity processes
- Demonstrate relationships between practices and their applicable capabilities/domains
- Understand the CMMC assessment methodology, its requirements and work flows
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Code of Professional Conduct/COE through practical example