This course introduces students to the fundamental concepts of system vulnerability assessment and penetration testing. Students engage interactive environments to gain in-depth practical experience in scanning, attacking and securing systems. The techniques in this course will improve students.
understanding of detecting intrusions, creating policies, methods of social engineering, attack vectors using distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) and malware creation.
- Explain the purpose, construct and operation of perimeter defense components
- Examine attack vectors of a target system through reconnaissance
- Employ common intrusion vectors against an information system
- Demonstrate methods of privilege escalation
- Explain methods used to secure an information system
- Construct persistent malware that will assist with maintaining control of the target system
- Explain attack vectors such as social engineering, DDoS and buffer overflows
- Summarize general terms and concepts that apply to the field of ethical hacking