This course discusses the role of the expert witness, the process an expert should follow from collection of digital data to reporting, the act of testifying in court, the rules that govern experts and the do's and don'ts of good testimony.
By the end of this course, students should be able to:
- Understand and articulate the role of an expert witness
- Know the rules that govern expert witness work and testimony
- Identify the differences between a consulting expert and a testifying expert
- Understand the importance of documentation and strong investigation plans
- Feel comfortable with defending your work on a witness stand