- Analysis of technologies for connecting computers and devices into networks.
- Terminology and the major components of networks: architecture, topologies, hardware, connections, protocols, operations, administration, support, security and troubleshooting.
- Local Area Networks (LANs), Wide Area Networks (WANs), Wireless LANS and Virtual networks are also covered.
- Follows the objectives of the CompTIA Network+ certification exam.
- Compare and evaluate different methods of encryption to secure a wireless local area network.
- Explain the purpose and properties of IP addressing.
- Compare WAN and WLAN technology types and their properties.
- Explain the methods of network access security and user authentication.
- Describe steps in troubleshooting a networking problem.
- Describe the objectives of the CompTIA Network+ Certification.