Course provides an understanding of the design and development of a Cybersecurity strategy which aligns with private industry and government needs, including incident documentation/analysis, response planning, and the role of a critical event response team (CERT) in determining recovery, managing liability and communications, coordinating with law enforcement, and protecting corporate reputation. Course also examines leadership and the adoption and implementation of a proactive stance through monitoring and responding to internal and external intelligence, including monitoring network traffic, activity logs (SIEM) for data breaches, denial of service (DoS), and integrity events, and outlines the roles of information security operations centers (ISOCs) and network operations centers (NOCs).
- System Owner (SO) roles and responsibilities.
- Apply concepts and terms of information assurance (IA) to the SO's role.
- Identify laws, regulations, policies, and procedures that guide the SO.
- Identify responsibilities of the IA team.
- Apply the Risk Management Framework t o the SO's role.