This continuing education course is designed for professionals in the networking and network security career fields, and to help students prepare in part for the Network+ certification exam. Topics include (1) network technologies, (2) network media and topologies, (3) network devices, (4) network management, (5) network tools, and (6) network security.
- Explain the functions and applications of various network devices and employ the basics of network theory and concepts.
- Implement a troubleshooting methodology.
- Establish appropriate security elements to ensure network availability and optimum performance.
- Set, monitor, and maintain wired as well as wireless networking environments.
- Prepare, in part, for the CompTIA Network+ certification exam.