Prerequisite: COP 610. Master the application of defense-in-depth architecture in system design, and counteract threats and vulnerabilities in networks, devices, operating systems, data management systems, and applications. Identify cloud and virtualization security issues and respond to them using their countermeasures. Apply intrusion, cyber defense, and attack detection techniques in a laboratory.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Mitigate vulnerabilities in components comprising a system.
- Use virtualization to create multiple simulated environments from a single, physical hardware system.
- Migrate an existing workload to a secure, scalable cloud environment.
- Employ network protocol knowledge, packet capturing, and display tools to define and analyze network architecture and security.
- Protect networks, hosts, and applications using intrusion detection and prevention systems (IDPS).