In this course, students assess and evaluate technical trends and emerging technologies in information assurance and examine their impact on the implementation of security programs.
By the end of this course, the student be able to:
- Compare and contrast information security management and general business management
- Assess the importance, benefits, and desired outcomes of information security governance and how such a program would be implemented
- Analyze how risk is assessed based on the likelihood of adverse events and the effects on information assets when events occur
- Analyze popular approaches used in the industry to manage risk
- Analyze emerging trends in the certification and accreditation of U.S. federal information technology systems