The goal of this course is to provide network administrators with the knowledge to design and implement an effective security strategy in a competitive corporate networking environment. This course will explore security-by design utilizing anti-virus tools, security policies and practices, password management, risk analysis and assessments, network vulnerabilities, enhancing security through cabling and network hardware, understanding different types of firewalls, packet filtering and NAT, setting up and securing a VPN, and understanding contemporary hacker exploits. The documentation created during this course can be added to the student’s portfolio.
1. Apply the 12 principles of Information Security (INFOSEC).
2. Evaluate and Peer Review the impact of contemporary cyber security events.
3. Analyze the impact of legal, ethical, and privacy issues facing security professionals today.
4. Evaluate the impact of a current security intrusion and mitigation practices.
5. Design a security program implementation plan for an enterprise infrastructure.
6. Design an INFOSEC – security control plan.