This course is an overview of the world of federal and international information security standards that guide the way organizations are doing business today. Research and analysis are conducted on how US security regulations vary from industry to industry, including healthcare, education, military, federal organizations, utilities and financial organizations. International security standards will also be reviewed to understand the impact of implementing appropriate information security mechanisms in a global organization. The documentation created during this course can be added to the student’s portfolio.
1. Discuss, identify and analyze the security standards that effect specific industries.
2. Examine and identify key attributes and requirements of security standards and regulations.
3. Identify the responsible agency releasing, publishing, and policing the standards and regulations.
4. Address the strengths and weaknesses in the standards and regulations.
5. Identify and describe the ramifications of non-adherence to each security