This course prepares students for a competition that specifically focuses on the operational aspect of managing and protecting an existing commercial network infrastructure. Not only do students get a chance to test their knowledge in an operational environment, they will also get a chance to network with industry professionals. The documentation created during this course can be added to the student’s portfolio. Due to the changing nature of the challenges, this course can be taken twice and credits received both times toward the appropriate degree.
1. Configure a green team provided industry standard infrastructure and maintain required network and business related services.
2. Prevent un-authorized access and disruption of critical network infrastructure by red team members.
3. Complete business related tasks (injects) that will are provided throughout the competition.
4. Prevent violation of service level agreements, usage of recovery services, and defend against successful penetrations by the red team.
5. Prepare a properly formatted incident report and postmortem