The focus of this two-day, online, instructor-led HIPAA training program is to better understand the implications of HIPAA legislation and identify critical compliance requirements for your business/client. Our Training includes changes to the HIPAA regulations due to Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act which is part of American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA) and Omnibus rule published in 2013. Our HIPAA Instructors are HIPAA consultants who help organizations meet the HIPAA audit checklist requirements issued by the DHHS. Learn from instructors what your next steps are to meet these newly issued audit requirements by Dept. of Health and Human Services (DHHS) Office of e-Health Standards and Services. It helps you better understand HIPAA's Administrative Simplification Act as well as how to create a framework for initiating and working towards a blueprint for HIPAA Privacy Compliance and understand HIPAA Security rules and regulations. The Course is basically for Healthcare providers and Payer privacy compliance employees, Privacy lawyers involved in health care, Compliance teams for HIPAA Privacy, HR Staff & manager, Privacy Auditors, Privacy Consultants, Clinical physicians and office managers, Head Nurse, Privacy Instructors, etc.
- Understand what HIPAA means, how it affects your organization, and what significant changes in policies, procedures, and processes within the organization in the handling of patient records
- Understand the changes to HIPAA rules due to ARRA 2009 HITECH Act and 2013 Omnibus Rule final changes
- Identify the main reasons behind HIPAA, specifically, to provide continuity/portability of health benefits to individuals between jobs; to combat fraud/abuse in health insurance and healthcare delivery; to reduce administrative costs in healthcare; to provide uniform standards for electronic healthcare transactions; and, to ensure security and privacy of patient health information.
- Have an in-depth understanding of HIPAA Security, privacy and Transaction rule.
- Examine how implementing HIPAA will affect the way healthcare entities organize and staff to achieve and monitor compliance with patient privacy/confidentiality needs.
- Understand the new Enforcement rule.
- Step through how to plan and prepare for HIPAA compliance. HIPAA is about awareness first, assessment second and finally action focused on gaps identified.
- Understand who business associates are and what will they have to do to ensure HITECH HIPAA Compliance