Project Management Principles is the first course in a curriculum that is designed to cover the project management discipline. This course is appropriate for those wanting to learn the basic principles, tools, and techniques used in managing projects as well as the role of the project manager. Important concepts in project planning and implementation are illustrated and participants practice project management planning. The Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) serves as a guide to key project management terminology and process descriptions. Participants learn the classic project management framework and are able to plan and manage projects more effectively and with more confidence.
- Develop an understanding of the project management discipline and the Project Management Institute?s project management knowledge and practice areas
- Learn to use appropriate project management tools to improve project planning and implementation
- Demonstrate an understanding of effective team behavior and the importance of team membership
- Construct and present a basic project plan incorporating the knowledge learned in the course
- Learn interpersonal skills, specifically how to effectively communicate project changes and progress, which will improve project success