Organizations are subject to increasingly sophisticated network attacks that are occurring more and more frequently. And despite significant improvements in IT security, hackers and attackers are still able to exploit weaknesses in some computer networks – potentially resulting in major data breaches.
In this course, you’ll learn about the importance of defense in stopping hackers from accessing vital customer or business data. You’ll discover the different types of computer network security threats to your organization, how these threats can be prevented, and how they can be detected if one breaches your computer security system.
Network Security Threats and Their Impact
- Network Security Threats and Their Impact
- identify examples of threats to network security
- identify examples of social engineering
- describe various types of malware
- sequence the events in a typical ransomware attack
- recognize ways to counter and mitigate threats to network security
- describe ways to implement defense in depth
- Knowledge Check: Identifying and Countering Threats