Any leader is only as good as the people they lead, and it is the very rare leader whose team is comprised only of skilled experts at every position. For everyone else, employee development is key for effective leadership. Individual and team development must be a priority for you and your organization when seeking a competitive edge in the marketplace.
In this course, you'll learn how to use motivational factors and actions for developing your team. You'll explore strategies for performance improvement, as well as how to set and maintain high standards. You'll also learn how to overcome common myths about development, and how to mitigate the challenges leaders face in developing people.
Leading by Developing People
- Leading by Developing People
- identify actions for overcoming common development myths
- identify actions that mitigate the challenges to development
- Knowledge Check: Barriers to Developing People
- recognize motivational factors that encourage development
- identify actions for developing performance improvement
- recognize actions for setting and maintaining high standards
- Knowledge Check: Developing People for Performance
- reflect on what you've learned