Getting your priorities straight, no matter what your role is in your organization, is about keeping a focus on your goals. It requires you to think about the bigger picture, to ensure your department's work effectively supports the vision and strategic objectives of your organization. In this course, you'll learn about the importance of setting strategic, tactical, and operational goals to meet an organizational vision. You'll also learn how to create effective unit goals and align them with your company's goals and strategy. Finally, you'll learn how to identify imperatives for action that keep you focused on meeting your objectives.
Setting and Managing Priorities
- recognize the benefits of setting goals
- distinguish between different kinds of business goals
- recognize how to set effective goals for organizational units
- identify consequences of failing to align unit goals with company goals
- sequence the steps in cascading company-wide goals to unit-level goals
- recall the steps in determining business imperatives