Introducing our new PMI Authorized On-demand PMP ® Exam Prep—the official PMI online prep course to advance your project management skills and prepare for the Project Management Professional (PMP ® ) certification exam.
Developed by PMI and validated by PMP ® certification holders, this self-paced, online course aligns to the PMP Exam Content Outline and satisfies the 35 training hours required to apply for the PMP ® certification.
Looking to only earn Professional Development Units (PDUs)? This course will help you refresh your project management knowledge and includes new content on agile and hybrid approaches.
The learning objectives for the course are broken down into each of the 6 lessons contained within it:
• Define ‘project’ and how it relates to the larger discussion of project management.
• Discuss the different types of organizational structures and how they relate to your project’s management.
• Discuss the principles of project management.
• Discuss the principles of agile and how they relate to your project’s management.
• Discuss strategic alignment and its elements.
• Explain the impact of business factors on strategic alignment.
• Determine how projects align with business strategy.
• Identify types of business value.
• Describe change management theory and its relation to organizational change.
• Define and discuss project governance.
Explain project compliance and its importance
• Define and discuss stakeholders and the most effective ways to communicate with them.
• Explain the best ways to form a team.
• Describe how to build the most effective understanding of a project and how doing so relates to executing a project successfully.
• Explain how predictive and adaptive project life cycles work; explain what a hybrid development approach is.
• Decide which kind of development approach or life cycle is best suited for work.
Explain the importance of a project management plan.
Provide an overview of scope planning in both predictive and adaptive projects.
Provide an overview of schedule planning in both predictive and adaptive projects.
Discuss resource planning for a project, including human and physical resources and the role of procurement.
Determine the budgeting structure/method for a project
Explain the importance of tailoring a budget.
Identify strategies for dealing with risks and risk planning.
Assemble a toolkit of possible responses to risks.
Define quality and how it relates to the outcomes and deliveries for a project.
Discuss the importance of integrating project management plans and tailoring a change management process
• Discuss the guidelines for developing leadership competencies and skills.
• Address leadership styles, and the components of leading a successful team, either in person or virtually.
• Describe artifacts and the strategies for their use.
• Identify the characteristics and core functions of empowered teams.
• Explain strategies and forms of communication for collaborating in a project team environment.
• Learn the value of training, coaching and mentoring for a team.
• Explain the importance of conflict management.
• Discuss the causes and levels of conflict and their outcomes.
Explain the various methods for implementing improvement.
Explain the various methods for performance measurement.
Compare these methods with a focus on communication and accountability.
Identify the methods for implementing a project and the issues and impediments that arise during a project.
Describe the methods for implementing changes during a project.
Define the reasons and activities related to the closure of a phase or a project.
Explain the benefits gained from a project or phase, and how they are managed, sustained, etc.
Examine the reasons for knowledge transfers and how they relate to the closure of a phase or project.