This is a lecture and lab based class giving an introduction to vulnerability assessment of some common computing technologies. Instructor-led lab exercises are used to demonstrate specific tools and technologies.
- Learning a general methodology for conducting assessments.
- Scanning and mapping network topology.
- Identifying listening ports/services on hosts.
- Fingerprinting operating systems remotely.
- Conducting automated vulnerability scans.
- Auditing router, switch, and firewall security.
- Auditing UNIX and Windows configuration and security.
- Performing Web application and associated database security assessments.