In this course, students will learn how to properly use techniques employed by professional penetration testers to validate information assurance. In addition to validation techniques, students will learn anti-hacking techniques, network reconnaissance tools, buffer overflows, password cracking and other concepts related to testing and validating network defenses.
By the end of the quarter the student will be able to do the following:
- Properly organize and conduct four-phase penetration tests.
- Utilize proper organization and documentation techniques necessary to perform penetration testing. Students will gather and organize information in a manner that will provide for complete documentation as well as presentation of remedial security requirement.
- Analyze and respect ethical and legal boundaries related to penetration testing. Students will conduct penetration tests in an ethical and legal manner.
- Conduct passive and active reconnaissance on a target.
- Research, identify and utilize hacker tools in an ethical and legal manner to improve corporate security.