Architecture of digital computers design of algorithms for solving various problems and basic skills in computer programming.
- Explain and discuss the concepts and architecture of digital computers.
- Compare and contrast how data is organized and processed by different computers.
- Explain the concepts of an instruction set.
- Explain how machine language is executed.
- Solve problems using the computer and assemblers.
- Explain the algorithms used in a high-level computer language.
- Solve problems using a computer language (Visual Basic.net programming).
- Compare and contrast the major computer languages.
- Explain the developments and trends occurring in the computer field.
- Use a word processing application program.
- Use a spreadsheet application program.
- Use a database application program.
- Use a graphics or other program as indicated by current software developments.
- Use the Windows operating system.