This topic provides an understanding of email log and header analysis, and it provides an overview of the use of DNS with email.
• Understand how to read ad view the email header in Outlook and other email programs
• Analyze email headers for field entries that provide any attributive data
• Use the Received field to attribute a received email to a sender
• Use ARIN or another trusted IP agent to identify the IPs registrant information
• Use Outlook on your Desktop to view message headers
• Interpret messages from Outlook by the message header
• Review some tools used for analyzing email headers