The CMMC certification training (Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification), managed by Cyber AB (Accreditation Body), is a program through which an organization's cybersecurity program maturity is measured by their initial and ongoing compliance with applicable cybersecurity practices, as well as their integration of corresponding policies and plans into their overall business operations. Once rulemaking has concluded, and CMMC 2.0 has been implemented, all organizations providing products or services to the United States DoD (Department of Defense) must comply with their applicable CMMC Level requirements.
This course prepares students for the Cyber AB CCP (Certified CMMC Professional) certification, which authorizes the holder to use the Cyber AB Certified CMMC Professional logo, participate as an Assessment Team Member under the supervision of a Lead Assessor, and be listed in the Cyber AB Marketplace. The CCP certification is also a prerequisite for the CCA (Certified CMMC Assessor) certification.
- Identify the threats to the defense supply chain and the established regulations and standards for managing the risk.
- Identify the sensitive information that needs to be protected within the defense supply chain and how to manage it.
- Describe how the CMMC Model ensures compliance with federal acquisition regulations.
- Identify the responsibilities of the Certified CMMC Professional, including appropriate ethical behavior.
- Establish the Certification and Assessment scope boundaries for evaluating the systems that protect regulated information.
- Prepare the OSC (Organizations Seeking Certification) for an Assessment by evaluating readiness.
- Use the CMMC Assessment Guides to determine and assess the Evidence for practices.
- Implement and evaluate practices required to meet CMMC Level 1.
- Identify the practices required to meet CMMC Level 2.