This course covers the fundamentals of computing security, access control technology, cryptographic algorithms, implementations, tools and their applications in communications and computing systems security.
Topics include public key infrastructure, operating system security, database security, network security, web security, firewalls, security architecture and models, and ethical and legal issues in information security.
Offered fully online or hybrid (1 lecture/week), 3 Credit hours. Instructor led.
- Describe the basic concepts, components, methodology, and architecture of information security.
- Implement Access Control Matrix (ACM).
- Describe different categories of information security policies.
- Apply basic encryption techniques, key management techniques, and advanced encryption techniques.
- Describe authentication techniques, design principles, and identity representation.
- Implement advanced ACM techniques, such as ACL and Capabilities.
- Describe system evaluation, different evaluation standards and processes.
- Describe the concept of malicious logic and different types of malicious logic.
- Describe vulnerability analysis and different layers of attacks.
- Describe the concepts and components of auditing and apply the methodologies of sanitization.
- Have basic concepts and knowledge in Wireless Security, WiFi Security, mobile, and Cloud Security.