The students develop knowledge of the principles of information assurance at the policy, procedural, and technical levels to prepare the student for a role as a business decision maker. Real world example from the text and current events will be used to demonstrate the applicability of techniques of information assurance.
Offered fully online or hybrid (1 lecture/week), 3 Credit hours. Instructor led.
- Describe the importance of information security and how it affects our changing world.
- Describe the threats to and vulnerabilities of personal, organizational, and national security information systems.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of principles and practices in information security, including application of encryption.
- Design, execute, and evaluate personal or organizational security policies, procedures and practices.
- Analyze critically situations of computer use, identifying the security issues, consequences and viewpoints.