Privacy and data protection regulations worldwide require privacy protections be built into products and services. This course, aligned with the IAPP’s ANSI/ISO-accredited Certified Information Privacy Technologist (CIPT) certification program, will provide you with the knowledge to recognize privacy threats and skills to apply technical strategies to mitigate privacy risk throughout the software and systems development lifecycles. The curriculum includes privacy-by-design principles; implementing data- and process-oriented strategies to support privacy policies; and managing threats from AI, location tracking, etc.
- Recognize foundational elements for embedding privacy in technology
- Describe the fundamentals of privacy as they relate to the privacy technologist
- Identify the risks to privacy that are inherent throughout the data life cycle and explain how software security helps to mitigate privacy threats
- Outline how technical measures and privacy-enhancing technologies may be used to enhance privacy throughout all steps of the data life cycle
- Explain the role of privacy engineering within an organization
- Describe the process and methodology of the privacy-by-design model
- Examine the unique challenges that come from online privacy issues