A Certified Ethical Hacker is a skilled professional who understands and knows how to look for weaknesses and vulnerabilities in target systems and uses the same knowledge and tools as a malicious hacker but in a lawful and legitimate manner to assess the security posture of a target system(s).
- Network Surveying & Port Scanning
- System Identification/OS Fingerprinting
- Vulnerability Research & Verification
- Internet Application Testing & Exploiting Vulnerabilities
- Performing Legal Assessments on remote networks
- Implementing the right tools for each task of the methodology
- Examining appropriate countermeasures to thwart hacking