This course focuses on providing the skills and knowledge necessary to install, operate, and troubleshoot a small to medium-size branch office Enterprise network, including configuring several switches and routers, connecting to a WAN and implementing network security.
- Configure a Catalyst switch for basic operations, given a need for plug-and-play operation
- Configure and troubleshoot Virtual LANs (VLANs), given an operational access layer switch
- Configure and troubleshoot Routing Information Protocol (RIP), Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (IGRP), Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP), and Open Shortest Path First (OSPF), given operational routers
- Configure IP access lists, given a functioning router
- Configure serial interfaces using PPP and High-Level Data Link Control (HDLC), given a functioning router
- Configure Frame Relay, given functioning Cisco routers
- Configure DDR between two routers with Basic Rate interface (BRI) or Primary Rate Interface (PRI), given a functioning remote access router and a physical ISDN connection