This course focuses on providing the skills and knowledge necessary to install, operate, and troubleshoot a small branch office Enterprise network, including configuring a switch, a router, and connecting to a WAN and implementing network security. A Student should be able to complete configuration and implementation of a small branch office network under supervision.
- Describe how networks function, identifying major components, function of network components and the Open System Interconnection (OSI) reference model
- Describe issues related to increasing traffic on an Ethernet LAN and identify switched LAN technology solutions to Ethernet networking issues
- Describe the reasons for extending the reach of a LAN and the methods that can be used with a focus on RF wireless access
- Describe the reasons for connecting networks with routers and how routed networks transmit data through networks using TCP / IP
- Describe the function of Wide Area Networks (WANs), the major devices of WANs, and configure PPP encapsulation, static and dynamic routing, PAT and RIP routing
- Use the command-line interface to discover neighbors on the network and managing the routers startup and configuration