Gain the basic foundational knowledge. Building on the knowledge learned in the Fundamentals of PC Repair and the PC Repair Technician Level 1 course, learn to dismantle and reassemble a complete PC system to be able to identify, repair, and/or replace every component in the PC system. Topics include proper handling of the components, troubleshooting and repair techniques, and safety of both the system and the user. Students work with motherboards, CPUs, power supplies, BIOS, memory, video cards, hard drives, CD-ROMs, sound cards, network cards, SCSI, and printers. Skills include advanced troubleshooting techniques of the hardware/software relationships including device drivers, IRQs, DMAs, and I/O addresses.
This course is preparation for the A+ Certification exam.e of personal computers and the skills required to work in an IT career
- Install and configure operating systems,
- Maintain and troubleshoot Microsoft Windows,
- Understand network technologies,
- Install and manage network connections,
- Support laptops and portable, computing devices,
- Support printers, Implement PC security policies