This course focuses on the architecture for network defense including network attacks and defenses, firewall systems design and configuration, virtual private network (VPN) configuration, designing and configuring intrusion detection systems, intrusion signature, and network security policies and configurations.
- Compare and contrast advanced concepts and procedures related to the Transfer Control Protocol / Internet Protocol (TCP/IP). (Program Goal 2),
- Configure Linux and Windows computers and networks and test the effectiveness of various security measures. (Program Goal 4),
- Demonstrate how cryptography helps to ensure secure communication in a network environment. (Program Goal 3),
- Analyze measures that can help ensure business continuity in the event of a disaster, such as contingency planning and power and backup issues. (Program Goal 3),
- Define common Internet components and identify techniques used in Web hacking and other attacks. (Program Goal 4)