The H-11 Python for Advanced Mobile-Forensics Analysis Course will take a mobile-forensics practitioner beyond simply pointing and clicking. This course will provide students the ability to search out and decode data that hasn’t been found, was missed, and not analyzed by automated mobile-forensic tools. Students will use Python both in and outside the mobile-forensic tool to quickly take raw data and make it presentable and reportable.
Students will use a variety of proprietary and open-source tools, including database-analysis tools, raw-data conversion utilities, Python libraries and other tools to learn skills and techniques for finding low-level evidence data found on smart phones/devices.
,Learning Objectives ,
- Introduction – Overview
- Intro to Python and Working with Data
- Python inside the Mobile-Forensic Tool
- Adding Device Information
- Phonebook, Call Lists, and SMS Messages
- SQLite and other Databases
- Final Practical - Group Collaboration Project