This lab-based course will introduce students to modern defensive skills required to counteract cyber threats. You will use live equipment and virtual machines representing blue forces tasked to negate real-world threats against systems and networks. Instructors will place particular emphasis on modeling current attack chains and the various techniques used to detect their tell-tale signatures.
- Gain understanding of prevention/detection and response/forensic tools.
- Develop the ability to identify Indicators of Compromise (IOCs) and Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs).
- Map defensive technology capabilities.
- Determine effective remediation strategies.
- Learn about the three tiers of capability/visibility: perimeter monitoring, internal network monitoring, and endpoint monitoring..