This webinar recorded on July 10, 2020 features National Defense University Professor Mark Duke discussing key leadership decisions to implement the NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF). The RMF is a risk-based approach to implement security within an existing enterprise - it is leadership’s responsibility to ensure adequate and effective system security.
- How to prepare your component or organization to initiate the RMF.
- How to define, understand, and manage risk to your Information Systems by identifying your threats and vulnerabilities.
- Understand the link to the RMF with Supply Chain Risk Management (SCRM) and the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Understand the new "Prepare" step of the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Special Publication (SP) 800-37 v2 RMF.
- Explain managers’ roles and involvement in each step of the RMF.