In this hour-long webinar National Defense University Professor Roxanne Everetts discusses some key leadership decisions around using Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP) solutions. FedRAMP is a unique government cloud - it is a combination of cloud security, cybersecurity, and risk management.
- Explain FedRAMP and why Federal agencies use FedRAMP. (Hint: It's the law!)
- Discuss knowledge key leaders need for cloud solutions, including: FedRAMP structure, how it helps, and how agencies can leverage it.
- Describe the FedRAMP governing bodies.
- Examine the roles of Cloud Service Providers (CSPs) and Third-Party Assessment Organizations (3PAOs) as FedRAMP participants.
- Identify agency responsibilities, which include ensuring they have an Authority to Operate (ATO) letter on file with the FedRAMP Program Management Office (PMO).
- Explore the FedRAMP Security Framework (SAF), based on the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Special Publication (SP) 800-37.
- Use the FedRAMP Marketplace to find services that meet agency needs. Any service listed in the Marketplace meets federal security requirements and has already been authorized.