This course covers a broad range of cyber security elements that pose threats to information security posture. The various threats are covered in detail, followed by mitigation strategies and best practices. This course will cover what policy is, the role it plays in cyber security, how it is implemented, and cyber security laws, standards, and initiatives. Topics include cyber security policy, knowing your enemy, mobile device security, cloud computing security, Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) security, LAN security using switch features, securing the network perimeter, securing infrastructure devices, security and DNS and IPv6 security. Video demonstrations are included to reinforce concepts.
- Review survey of cyber security legislation
- Discuss current cyber attack vectors and treat actor profiles
- Introduce mobile device trends and their impact on security
- Introduce cloud computing concepts
- Discuss LAN security and the use of switch features to enhance security posture
- Describe techniques used to secure the network perimeter and infrastructure devices
- Identify DNS security issues and mitigation strategies