Evolve Academy’s free cybersecurity course teaches basic cybersecurity concepts and includes hands-on labs for learning fundamental cybersecurity tools. On Evolve’s CyberLab™ platform, students can learn Linux commands, networking tools, Wireshark, Nmap, and some hacking tools via interactive hands-on labs. All students get unlimited access to the course and the Cyberlab™ platform.
1) Understand the current cybersecurity landscape and gain insights into the cybersecurity profession.
2) Learn the Linux command line interface (CLI) and become comfortable with common Linux commands and utilities.
3) Understand the basics of data communications and how to read and analyze network data and traffic.
4) Practice common tools and processes that cybersecurity professionals use daily - netcat, nmap, and Wireshark.
5) Learn how to set up your home lab environment so you can "tinker" on your own.