This course provides the knowledge and skills students need to capture selected traffic on a data network and conduct a preliminary analysis of the data. Students learn to plan the event, assess the network, place the sensor, capture the data, and then begin to analyze it. Wireless monitoring and legal aspects of network monitoring are also covered.
- Explain how to monitor traffic on a network in a lawful manner
- Explain network monitoring and reporting
- Plan for a network monitoring event
- Assess a network, and configure and place a network monitoring sensor
- Acquire specific network data
- Analyze previously captured data
- Explain a network monitoring system in a wireless environment